Optimal allocation of capital and resources to investments is key to the performance and growth of any organization. However all investments incorporate varying degrees of risk due to economic uncertainty and the financial commitments involved. Although successful investments create real competitive advantage, failure or under performance not only impact value creation, but divert resources from other potentially beneficial projects.
To ensure that capital and resources are committed to the investments that generate the greatest value, the Portfolio Management solution must provide the ability to:
- Align investments with defined business strategy.
- Maintain the right balance and mix of investments.
- Optimize portfolio value by assessing and prioritizing investments against evolving market conditions.
- Control execution and measure performance to ensure achievement of objectives.
Ten Six has been helping organizations by providing executives with a permanent, comprehensive view of investments that enables detailed performance analysis, rapid objective decision making, and timely communication to stakeholders. We support a “top-down” approach that enables immediate focus on strategy and the investment portfolio without having to identify and collect large volumes of detailed planning data.
Portfolio Management Benefits
The implementation of a Portfolio Management solution enables you to:
- Optimize value creation by aligning and prioritizing investments with corporate strategy.
- Establish operational budgets that take into account the strategic objectives and required investments.
- Quickly identify under-performing investments, and reallocate resources to higher priority projects or new initiatives.
- Monitor investments and measure performance throughout their life cycle.
- Reinforce Corporate Governance by establishing standard control procedures and ensuring the involvement of senior management in the decision making process.
Portfolio management is one of the most effective ways for organizations to achieve project success and realize business benefits. In today’s ever-changing business environment, organizations must be able to articulate their business objectives, ensure that resources are only committed to agreed goals and have the processes in place to actively monitor and keep them on track. An inability to do this will ultimately undermine the time, effort and money spent in the pursuit of profitable and competitive business.
Call Ten Six today to learn more about our Portfolio Management services!