Aligning The Business Needs To The Solution
Within any organization, the investment in an enterprise solution must be measured against the competitive advantage it will deliver. Organizations frequently fail to meet their implementation goals by taking on more than the organization can culturally or organizationally support.
Maintaining a clear and comprehensive focus on the targeted business issues and the associated implementation objectives and solution requirements, ensures that the organization only implements changes that deliver competitive advantage.
Successful implementation and deployment of an enterprise management solution requires the convergence of technical, organizational and cultural change. Many parallel efforts need to be undertaken to achieve an optimal level of integration, balanced against the competitive needs of the business.
The Ten Six structured approach ensures early convergence of these key elements, and accelerates benefits delivery by integrating these fundamental principles.
- Organize change in manageable steps
- Implement each step-change quickly
- Transfer knowledge through collaborative workshops
- Address all aspects of business change
Because so many different elements are essential to a successful enterprise tool implementation, it’s not surprising that organizations have competency and knowledge gaps. This can often lead to partial deployments that, in some cases, take far longer than necessary, falter, or even stall completely.
Our team possess years of project management tools knowledge, industry knowledge and delivery experience. On average, our consultants have over 20 years experience in successfully helping clients implement enterprise project and earned value management process and tools. Our team is extremely tool-literate, having worked for enterprise tool vendors, including Oracle Primavera and Deltek.
Are you struggling with some of these problems?
Your project management software implementation is “hung up” or not going as quickly and smoothly as you would like.
- You want to make the “best decision” about which project management software to select, but you’re not sure what criteria to use to make the decision
- You have the project management software installed but it seems daunting to get it configured properly to produce the results you need
- Your project management software needs to be integrated with your cost management tools, e.g Deltek COBRA, but you’re struggling with this
- Your customer is expecting good quality information from your tools very quickly, but you’re not clear if it is good quality; in fact, your customer may be finding mistakes in the information submitted to them – embarrassing you and your tem
Your team is working on this, but you don’t know what to ask for nor how to measure progress in this critical implementation effort.
If you are experiencing these problems, then your software implementation may be sub-optimal or even fail, resulting in significant impact on you and your PMO’s effectiveness. Clients we work with on these problems come to recognize that:
- The software implementation is a large project its own right, but and it demands a schedule and a team to successfully to implement it
- Outside consultants often have positive impacts on the planning and implementation of the software
- With a strong team and plan, you can track the implementation and know what to ask about progress to assure you that it is going to plan or if it needs your attention
- Successfully implementing new software can impact more than just the PMO – and it may require considering how the organization may need to adapt to it – organization change management may need to be integrated into the implementation plan
With Ten Six’s help, organizations can implement Oracle Primavera and Deltek’s enterprise tool suites more efficiently and effectively, getting it right the first time.