Deltek Acumen Risk Analysis Training Class
Learn how to use Deltek Acumen’s Risk Management solution
Model and manage complex risk concepts
Perform risk analysis across schedules and budgets
Build confidence in your schedules
Learn with an experienced and trusted training provider
Learn how to model risk scenarios and produce presentation-ready reports to help teams manage complex projects in just one day.
Deltek Acumen Risk is a powerful tool for large and complex programs. It is a data-driven approach to managing risk across schedules and cost to ensure your project delivery teams have the best available information for controlling the work. Risk modelling, identification and analysis helps validate the schedule and manage project performance in a structured way.
This one-day course focuses on the real-world application of Deltek Acumen Risk Analysis by teaching you the power behind the risk workbook concept, how to utilize different scenarios, modelling risk concepts and different types of risk analysis that underpin project performance and management.
After this class you will have everything you need in order to perform comprehensive risk analyses on your program and projects with this industry-leading tool.
Who should take this course
This course is for:
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Project Management Office team members
- Risk managers/Risk analysts
Prerequisites: None, but attendees should be familiar with basic project management techniques to get the most from this Deltek Acumen Risk Analysis training class.
- One day of live instructor-led training, either online or at one of our venues, or contact us if you would prefer us to come to you
- Training materials
- Sample data for exercises
- Job aids to support the transfer of learning to the workplace
Ways to take this course
You can join our Deltek Acumen Risk Analysis training in-person at our training venue in Virginia, or online from wherever you are based.
We also send trainers all over the country to provide training at corporate sites, so if you would like us to come to your offices to deliver the training to a group, get in touch for a personalized quote!
Dates and Prices
Includes instructor-led live training during the course dates and course materials.
Do you have more than 3 people wanting to attend? Call us for our group rates.
Get in touch by phone at (703) 910-2600 or email to book places for yourself or colleagues.
Deltek Acumen Risk Analysis Course Contents
Below you will find the complete syllabus for the course so you can see what the training includes.
- Overview of Project Risk Management – What is it, inputs, methods and outputs
- Introduction to Risk Management Statistics – Overview of Monte Carlo analysis, distributions and basic statistics used in risk management
Deltek Acumen Risk Overview
- Navigating in Deltek Acumen – Introduction to the Workbook model, Interface and File Management Features
- Deltek Acumen Options – General, Tab Interface and Platform Options
- Working with Project Workbooks – Setting up a workbook, creating a project, options for working with workbooks
- Working with Schedules – Viewing a schedule, filtering and grouping schedules, editing a schedule and using the SmartGnatt View
- Working with Cost Estimates – Creating a Cost Estimate, importing cost estimates and linking cost estimates to your schedule
Doing Risk Analysis with Deltek Acumen Risk
- Building the Risk Model – Analyzing your schedule for risk analysis, Risk vs Uncertainty, modeling uncertainty, modeling task existence and modeling activity correlation
- Working with the Risk Register – Setting up the Risk Register, using the risk-scoring matrix, creating risk events and mapping risk events
- Running Risk Analysis – Risk Analysis Options and running a risk analysis
- Reporting Risk Results – Using a risk histogram, risk tornado chart, risk sensitivity report, scatter plots, joint confidence level reports and risk comparison reports
Where to go From Here
- Next Steps – Linking to external data sources, creating a risk adjusted schedule, risk diagnostics and improving your risk management processes
To learn more about this class, please contact Ten Six Consulting by clicking on the following link email@example.com
What customers say about our Deltek Training
Ten Six has been a great help in assisting us in completing our EVMS procedures and helping to train and prepare the team for a future contract award. We have greatly appreciated your teams help over the past months and will continue to look to leverage your assistance in the future. Thanks again.
Eric Joneson – Oshkosh Corporation
Class is great!
Bob Walker – Cole Engineering Services
Paul is an excellent trainer and very diplomatic. He ran a very structured class and kept us all on track. He was very thorough.
Karl Gauthier – Enerkem
What does the course include?
The course includes one day of training from an experienced instructor, all relevant course materials, sample data for realistic exercises and job aids to help you put what you have learned into practice back at work.
Is there an exam?
No, there is no exam with this Deltek Acumen Risk training course.
How is the course taught?
That’s up to you! We have a relaxed and engaging online classroom environment that you can join. If your prefer the ‘live’ classroom experience, you can join an in-person class where these are available. Either way, you will be able to interact with your tutor and talk to other delegates for a supportive, hands-on and practical learning experience.
What’s the class size?
Our courses are normally up to around 10 people.
What if the course gets cancelled?
Don’t worry. Once booked, your course is guaranteed so you don’t have to worry about rescheduling.
Who will my instructor be?
We work with a range of experienced Deltek Acumen experts who have real-life knowledge of various industries. Nearer your course date you will find out who will be your instructor on the day, but rest assured that they will have been working with Deltek and in an earned value management environment for many years, and they know all the tips and tricks! They also have a lot of teaching experience so they are able to make your time in the classroom engaging and informative.