Let us get you ready for EVMS certification so your government audit is a breeze
There are only 32 criteria to meet for certification, so why does it feel like a mountain to climb? The guidelines are far-reaching and, in some areas, unforgiving. Let us review your systems and prepare your team for their government audit so you can earn certification faster.
Are you wondering just how close your current Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is to passing government certification standards?
Do you need a validated EVMS to qualify to bid on a new contract?
Ten Six can help. Our proven EVMS Assessment process will examine your current capabilities, perform a gap analysis and then recommend corrective actions together with a roadmap outlining the way forward.
First, we review and assess your system. Second, we prepare your team for the experience of certification.
Our objective team is experienced in EVMS assessments. We’ll look at your existing program management capability and maturity across each of the five EIA-748 guideline groupings (Organization, Planning, Performance Measurement, Accounting and Change Management) across three domains: processes, technology and culture.
You’ll get a clear implementation roadmap packed with expert advice on exactly what to do and a timeline to help the team remain accountable for achieving your goals.
Be ready for audit
Face your review or audit confidently. We’ve been there before, and we definitely know the drill.
We know that companies thrive through – and sometimes even enjoy! – the certification experience if they are well-prepared.
Ten Six’s experienced staff will brief your team fully on the process and what will happen when the visitors from DCMA (DOD/NASA) or OECM (DOE or EP&C) come on site.
We will set up mock EVM reviews and interviews so everyone on the team is ready to evidence your compliance with the EIA-748 best practice program management guidelines. We’ll make sure executives and Control Account Managers (CAMs) can explain the process, confidently show examples and take auditors through a demonstration using live documentation to prove their skills.
The mock interview and mentoring process
We have interviewed hundreds of executives and CAMs, using mock interviews and mentoring successfully on many DOD, DOE and EP&C Programs – but our comprehensive approach goes far beyond simply acting in the role of interviewer. We target people, processes and tools in an inclusive experience that covers:
- Executive summary training
- Reviewing process flowcharts and processes and procedures documentationTraining your team in fundamental EIA-748 requirements so they understand the impact on your processes and procedures
- Training your team in fundamental EIA-748 requirements so they understand the impact on your processes and procedures
- CAM and Functional Manager interviews, mirroring the DCMA/OECM audit process.
(We offer mock EVM reviews for Integrated Baseline Reviews too.)
If your team does not yet have the skills and experience to sail through the audit, we can help with that too. Our EVM experts can augment your team and do the heavy lifting for your implementation until your team is ready to step into their roles.
Check your readiness
Not sure if this is for you? Here’s a readiness check. If you are unsure about the answer to any of these questions, or not confident that your team could answer them, you could probably use a little help before you go any further with your certification process.
- Do all my current projects have a WBS Dictionary?
- Can I clearly describe the difference between Budget and Funding?
- Do I have a solid process for baseline change control?
- Are my schedules fully integrated with my EVM software tools?
- Are my managers reporting project status objectively with provable methods or are they guessing?
- If my CPI is 1.14 and my SPI is 0.73, what do I know about my project’s performance?
- Is there one place I can go, one tool I can look at to get a complete picture of my project’s status?
- Do I have the correct mix and types of earned value techniques defined for my work packages?
- Do I have management reserve and do I know the circumstances in which it can be used?
- Do I, or any of my team, know how to analyze and interpret a CPR Format 1 report?
Ten Six’s practical, pragmatic approach puts your success at the heart of what we do. Our team’s delivery experience, combined with industry knowledge and a track record of getting results, means we can help you achieve your EVMS certification faster.
With your EVMS certification, a world of contract opportunities opens up to you. And it doesn’t have to be hard. We’re with you every step of the way.
Call us today (703) 910-2600.