Deltek Cobra Training – Advanced Techniques
Duration: 1 Day
PDU Credits: 7 PDUs
Prerequisites: Ten Six Deltek Cobra Fundamentals training class or similar, recent experience using Deltek Cobra 5 or Cobra 8.
Deltek Cobra Advanced
Continuing on from the Deltek Cobra Fundamentals training course, this advanced class focuses on the less common, but more complex tasks that Cobra administrators frequently need to tackle. The ‘Fundamentals’ training class teaches attendees to build a basic integrated earned value system and then run it. However, once a system is in place, having a good grasp of Deltek Cobra’s other capabilities will pay dividends. That is where this class comes in.
As the organization becomes more familiar with earned value and thus more sophisticated, so do the demands the organization puts on the system experts. Being able to respond to these demands in a timely and accurate fashion is critical to the organization, and is required of the individuals tasked with providing such sophisticated data. This advanced course will help attendees in many ways.
In addition, attendees will be able to do the following on completion of the course:
- Take full advantage of the many advanced features of Deltek Cobra
- Able to quickly provide answers to management as to whether a certain request is feasible
- Execute any feasible data request quickly and accurately
- Modify or change the system data and configurations as the process is updated and improved
- Have greater confidence in their expertise and knowledge of what can, and what cannot be done with Deltek’s Cobra system
Open Class Dates
|Chantilly, VA||February 7, 2019||Available|
|Chantilly, VA||April 11||Available|
|Chantilly, VA||June 6||Available|
|Chantilly, VA||September 12||Available|
|Chantilly, VA||November 7||Available|
Costs and Registration
The class costs $1,300 per person with discounts for multiple attendees. Please contact us if you have more than 3 people wishing to attend to enjoy an additional discount. To register, simply click here to register online or contact us by phone at (703) 910-2600 or email.
This course is also available as an on-line class. Call for more details.
Earn Valuable PDUs To Maintain Your PMP Certification
Ten Six is a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. Individuals who attend our training courses can earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain their PMP credential. This class earns 7 PDUs.
In addition to delivering this class on-site and on-line, you can enjoy taking the class in Chantilly, Virginia and at Virginia Beach, VA. Known for being the longest pleasure beach in the world, this location makes a great learning environment. Click here for more details
- Lesson 1: Exporting to wInsight/UNCEFACT – this lesson covers all the steps required to setup ran export to the wInsight application and the UN/CEFACT Format 7 XML report as required by the 2012 IPMR DID (Data Item Description).
- Lesson 2: Multi-Program Operations – this lesson teaches students the preparation and setup techniques required to run a successful multi-program within Deltek Cobra. This also covers a number of status and reporting exercises to teach the benefits of operating with multi-programs.
- Lesson 3: Import Export – this lesson looks at all the ways to export project data out of Deltek Cobra and into such tools as Microsoft Excel. The lesson includes exercises to help reinforce the techniques learned.
- Lesson 4: Automation with Cobra API – this lesson offers detailed exercises in the use of the Cobra Application Program Interface or API, a tool that can automate almost any Cobra function that you can access suing the standard interface.
- Lesson 5: Loading Data Files – this lesson looks at the steps required to load project baseline and status data into Deltek Cobra from spreadsheets and/or Comma Separated Value (CSV) files.
- Lesson 6: Performing a Replan – this lesson teaches the details of what happens to your data in Deltek Cobra when you perform a replan (often referred to as a single point adjustment or SPA). Using exercises and examples, students can see the impact of the different options and settings when they replan a project.
- Lesson 7: Assignment Export/Import – this lesson teaches the techniques required for exporting project resource assignment data in spreadsheet format. This can then be changed by the Project Manager, CAM or other project team member in an Excel spreadsheet and then loaded back into the Cobra project. This negates the need for everyone involved in EVM to have access to Deltek Cobra.
- Lesson 8: Apportionment – this lesson is an overview with exercises that teaches students how to setup resources and projects for apportioning the effort of some work based upon the effort of other work. This can be helpful when setting up such things as a support desk or anywhere that one group’s work is dependent on work happening elsewhere.
- Lesson 9 – Managing Rate Changes – this lesson looks at the procedures recommended for managing rate changes that occur on in-progress projects.
- Lesson 10: Administering User Access – students will learn how to control the access of others in a multi-user Cobra installation. This lesson takes a close look at the EPM Security Administrator and includes exercises to setup new people, groups and roles.
- Lesson 11: Customizing Report – this is an overview of all the basic techniques for developing your own report templates and standard reports in Deltek Cobra. Using Microsoft Excel and practical exercises, students will learn who they can modify templates and then use the Reporting Wizard to assemble their own custom reports.
- Lesson 12: Batch Reporting – in this lesson, students will perform simple exercises to create batch reports. These batch reports will then be used to run groups of required reports each month with a simple click of a button.
- Lesson 13: SQL Command Utility – in this lesson, students will learn how to enter SQL commands directly to the Deltek Cobra database. They will also see how the SQL Command Utility is a powerful supplement to the Deltek Cobra reporting tools.
- Lesson 14: Using the Data Tool – the data tool is an administrator’s tool that control access to the Deltek Cobra database, as well as additional controls to add or remove Results in the database. This lesson is helpful for those who have some administrative responsibilities in Cobra.
Don’t just take our word for it. Read what former attendees to Ten Six training courses have to say about their experiences. Click here to read them
To learn more about this class, please contact us at email@example.com
To download the course outline, please click here Deltek Cobra Advanced Training