Video is becoming more and more pervasive within organizations as an effective communication tool, whether it’s the CEO delivering the company strategy, used for internal training purposes or an individual department promoting their value and capabilities. It has become a great method for delivering a consistent message and content to a large audience, which ensures it will not be open to different interpretations as it permeates the organization.
Video has become more prevalent in training staff and new hires. Whether its supporting the roll-out of new processes or deploying new enterprise tools, video training drives the consistent delivery of focused, role-based content.
Ten Six has been leading the way in the project management and earned value management industry with our customized video training classes. These classes can be hosted online, either on site or off site, using Learning Management Systems (LMS). Today’s LMSs can track attendees’ progress as well as view the results of quizzes and hands on exercises, among many other things.
Organizations that choose this newer method of delivery, typically enjoy the following benefits:
- Consistently delivered classes regardless of geographical location.
- More engaging and stimulating method of learning with complex concepts explained visually through animation rather than a flip chart.
- Role-based training content that focuses on the attendee.
- Less time spent learning due to the higher focus of the class on the attendees role.
- Combining process and tool ensures a higher quality result requiring less follow-up training and support.
- They can include messages from senior management reinforcing the importance to the organization of adopting new processes and tool suites.
- They can track the effectiveness of the training content and the individual attendees ability to grasp and apply it.
- Reduced training costs and travel and living expenses sending attendees to classroom based classes.
The above benefits result in a more engaged attendee who spends less time than in a traditional classroom. They can learn capabilities for their specific role and all at their own pace. In addition, attendees can go over material time and time again reinforcing the concepts and material and practicing with the tools and methods being taught. Available 24/7, its not uncommon for some learning to take place out of office hours at the attendees convenience. After all, this is the world of ‘anytime, anywhere, on any device’.
Our customized video training classes can encompass your organization’s specific processes, procedures, naming conventions, etc. with the following tool suites and even include integration with other enterprise tools:
- Oracle Primavera P6 (EPPM and Professional)
- Deltek Cobra, MPM and wInsight
- Microsoft Project and Project Server
If you are rolling out enterprise project management or earned value management within your organization, then you should consider this highly effective method of training. In the same way video conferencing has reduced travel costs and proved a more efficient method of communicating, online video training delivers new ways of learning, some of which are simply not possible with classroom-based courses.
What better way to bring your team up to speed quickly or on board new hires with on demand training? Call Ten Six today to see how our customized online video training classes can help your organization.