Making Project Mangers Better Leaders With The Ten Six 360 Assessment
The Ten Six 360 Assessment for Project Managers is an on-line tool that takes only a few minutes to set up. Once set up, raters from each area of the Project Manager’s environment then provide feedback to the Project Manager in confidential forum. Each rater invests about 20 minutes to assess the Project Manager’s leadership qualities from that rater’s perspectives. The steps are as follows:
- The Project Manager self-assesses his/her own character strengths.
- The Project Manager selects 4-8 raters in each four groups: Supervisor(s), Subordinates, Peers, Clients/Customers (and/or Suppliers).
- Each rater rates the Project Manager on the same character strengths that the Project Manager self-assessed.
- Free form fields allow each rater to provide additional feedback on the character traits and performance qualities of the Project Manager.
- The Ten Six system aggregates the results and produces a graphic (see diagram below) and written report that summarizes the results.
A Ten Six coach trained in the 360 interpretation reviews the report and then debriefs the Project Manager with the results. Once this is complete, the Project Manager and the coach work together to determine a plan that addresses the priority areas. The Project Manager and coach review progress and address challenges in building a balanced style and improving the Project Manager’s leadership abilities.