In today’s challenging business environments PMO’s are becoming an increasingly important focal point. Before implementing the PMO, it is absolutely essential to optimize the design and address the myriad of challenges that nearly always accompany implementation. It’s not enough to know what it looks like when it’s finished. It also requires that the CXO sponsor addresses the challenges of having to alter or create a new distributions of power and control, information flows, software systems, business processes as well as standards for how work is planned and managed and reported. Implementing a PMO is a substantial commitment that requires that leaders know exactly what they are stepping up to.
Typical Challenges When Planning How to Implement a PMO
- Uncertainty in the optimal configuration of the PMO.
- The PMO needs to provide a variety of capabilities, but is not sure how to implement these.
- Project management is being carried out inconsistently and driving consistent project management practices and standards is a big challenge.
- Stovepipes of interests are causing resistance to the PMO implementation and are introducing risk to overall success.
- Once the implementation is underway, the company will recognize that Organizational Change Management should have been addressed up front as part of the implementation planning.
PMO Implementation Planning
Based on our extensive experience working with companies to implement and support their PMOs, we work with you to custom build tailored implementation plans to rapidly activate your PMO. Ideally we conduct this planning session by working closely with the stakeholders who need to be engaged and supportive of this endeavor’s success.
In addition, we find that organizations often gain great value in combining Organization Change Management with our PMO Implementation Planning. The reality is that managing the change is as important as building and implementing the PMO platform, framework, processes, standards, and tools.
We bring deep skills in all aspects of designing, implementing, running, and troubleshooting PMO’s. Years of experience enable us to rapidly assess what needs to be done to ensure success. And, once the PMO is in place, if you need us, we’ll provide ongoing support in the PMO.
- Rapid and insightful planning and implementation that matches the needs of the organization.
- We tie the business drivers into the design of the PMO’s functions.
- You receive information that is aligned with the day-to-day needs of the business and during strategic planning efforts.
- A stronger project based culture that is accountable for results and more strategically aligned with the business.
Call us today (703) 910-2600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how Ten Six’s expertise and experience in PMO implementation planning can help you.