Looking to “up your game”? If you have implemented program and project management processes, systems, and tools, you should assess how good these are against an agreed international standard. ISO 21500.2012 is the international standard for project management best practices. The guidance is derived from governing project management oversight bodies from around the world, including the Project Management Institute, Association of Project Management, etc.
Ten Six can help. As part of the Ten Six structured implementation approach, our ISO 21500 Assessment can put you on the right path for accelerated success.
ISO 21500 Assessment Benefits
The benefits of having your organization recognized as complying with ISO 21500 include:
- Demonstrates your willingness to be evaluated and held to an international standard for best practices
- Demonstrates that your leadership is committed to beset project management practices
- Provides a badge of recognition for your internal and external customers
- Engages your organization in an ongoing regular review of your project management practices and processes to ensure that you continue to hold yourself to a high standard
- Compliments the Project Management Institute standards with an audit of compliance
- Gives the PMO, project managers and the organization a road map for improvement
- Provides recognition and point of pride for members who are part of the PMO
ISO 21500 – What Is It?
This International Standard provides guidance on concepts and processes of project management that are important for, and have impact on, the performance of projects.
The target readership for this International Standard is the following:
- senior managers and project sponsors, in order to provide them with a better understanding of the principles and practice of project management and to help them give appropriate support and guidance to their project managers, project management teams and project teams;
- project managers, project management teams and project team members, so that they have a common basis upon which to compare their project standards and practices with those of others;
- developers of national or organizational standards, for use in developing project management standards, which are consistent at a core level with those of others.
ISO 21500 Scope
This International Standard provides guidance for project management and can be used by any type of organization, including public, private or community organizations, and for any type of project, irrespective of complexity, size or duration.
This International Standard provides high-level description of concepts and processes that are considered to form good practice in project management. Projects are placed in the context of programs and project portfolios, however, this International Standard does not provide detailed guidance on the management of programs and project portfolios. Topics pertaining to general management are addressed only within the context of project management.
The standard addresses the artifacts, processes, standards, and practices at the intersection of the project management processes and the nature of work done in each, where relevant.
How We can Help
Ten Six’s seasoned project management consultants will independently assess your PMO and PM against the ISO standard and provide you with an audit report that can serve as a road map to improvement. Once all identified deficiencies are corrected, you will receive an endorsement from Ten Six attesting to your compliance with the ISO guideline.
Investing in our ISO 21500 Assessment and earning the recognition of compliance with the standard is a sound strategic decision. It’s also a means of demonstrating your excellence in project management to internal and external customers as well as your organization’s leadership.
If you are interested in improving your existing capabilities, then take your organization to the next level. Call or email us today and learn how our ISO 21500 Assessment can help you achieve rapid results.