If you’re wondering just how close your current Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is to passing government certification standards, or need a validated EVMS to qualify to bid on a new contract or are looking to implement an EVMS for the first time, Ten Six can help. Our proven EVMS Assessment process will examine your current capabilities, perform a gap analysis and then recommend corrective actions together with a roadmap outlining the way forward.
How Ten Six Can Help?
Our process reviews your organizations existing Program Management capability and maturity in several dimensions. Implementation needs in each of three major categories culture, processes and technology are determined for each of the five ANSI 748 guideline groupings Organization, Planning, Performance Measurement, Accounting and Change Management. From this information, we produce an implementation roadmap documenting major implementation objectives and a timeline to achieve them.
While there are only 32 criteria to meet for certification; the guidelines are far reaching and in some areas, unforgiving. Make sure that experienced and objective eyes examine your system before the DCMA or similar agency comes calling; you will be surprised at what you might learn.
Do You Need Help?
To help you, here’s a simple test. If you are unsure about the answer to any of these questions, or if you are unsure that your project team would be able to answer all of them, you could probably use a little help.
- Do all my current projects have a WBS Dictionary?
- Can I clearly describe the difference between Budget and Funding?
- Do I have a solid process for baseline change control?
- Are my schedules fully integrated with my EVM software tools?
- Are my managers reporting project status objectively with provable methods or are they guessing?
- If my CPI is 1.14 and my SPI is 0.73, what do I know about my project’s performance?
- Is there one place I can go, one tool I can look at to get a complete picture of my project’s status?
- Do I have the correct mix and types of earned value techniques defined for my work packages?
- Do I have management reserve and do I know the circumstances in which it can be used?
- Do I, or any of my team, know how to analyze and interpret a CPR Format 1 report?
You should get help from Ten Six before you get authorization to proceed. A wrong answer to any one of the above questions could set you back during a government audit.
Even if you are not looking for EVM certification right now, a Ten Six Assessment will help you enhance your best practice system and better prepare you for an EVM stipulation in a future proposal.