Barbecana has announced the immediate availability of Full Monte 2014 for P6 version 1.1. This update to Full Monte for P6 schedule risk analysis supports the new Primavera P6 8.4 release from Oracle. One of the changes with Primavera P6 Professional R8.4 is the option to use the SQLite database for standalone installations rather than the resource hungry Oracle XE edition.
Some of the new capabilities in this release include:
- Support for Primavera P6 8.4 SQLite databases. Oracle Primavera P6 8.4 no longer includes Oracle XE for standalone use. The standalone installation now uses SQLite which is a huge improvement for local use as it greatly simplifies installation and reduces overhead on your local PC. While Oracle has chosen not to add SQLite support to Primavera Risk Analysis, Barbecana latest release offers full support for schedule risk analysis with all database configurations supported by P6 8.4 including SQLite.
- A new option to specify the preferred scaling interval to be used with Date/Duration histograms. This makes it easier to read and compare charts.
- Simplified selection of data fields using a hierarchical approach.
Other Improvements Include
- Reduction in the time taken to start Full Monte when there were a large number of projects/calendars in the Primavera P6 database.
- Correction of several situations where chart axis legends could be lost/overwritten depending on chart scaling.
- Support for databases that do not use the default schema created by Primavera.
Customers of Barbecana with a current maintenance and support agreement for Full Monte 2014 for P6 can download the new software from their web site.