Oracle just released Primavera Unifier 9.13 and this includes some welcome updates and new features. The most notable new feature in this release is the Preventive Maintenance (PM) module which we cover below.
In summary, some of the key enhancements in this latest version of Primavera Unifier include:
- Preventive Maintenance Module
- Business Process Enhancements
- Cash Flow Enhancements
- Miscellaneous Enhancements
- Technical Upgrades
Preventive Maintenance Module
This new module allows organizations to proactively maintain assets and includes different types of business processes. For example, if your organization has plant equipment, Primavera Unifier can now create an inventory of all assets, list and categorize them and create maintenance schedules. Generating work orders can be triggered by different criteria including:
- Pre-defined times schedules – so that equipment receives regular maintenance but with the exception of winter where it may not be used as much.
- Meter readings and ranges – A vehicle needs to be serviced everything 20,000 miles of if the tire pressure goes below 20 psi or above 30 psi.
- Floating schedule – This could delay work order creation until a previous work order has been completed.
Cash Flow Improvements
Primavera Unifier 9.13 cash flow enhancements include:
- Hiding incremental spike in Forecast curve graph
- Start date of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) codes
- Honoring the initial profile in Forecast curves when dates change
- Modifying Forecast curve in current period
- Automatically adding new curves in summary curves
- Showing detailed WBS codes in summary curves
Business Process Enhancements
Some of the Business Process improvements made to Primavera Unifier 9.13 include:
- Support for eight tabs in multi-tab business processes
- Line item mapping from references during record auto-creation
- Line item grid summary
- Query-based tabs (QBTs)
Other Nice Things
Other miscellaneous enhancements in Primavera Unifier 9.13 include:
- BP data pickers on shell attribute forms
- BP pickers and BP data pickers on schedule activity attribute forms
- BI Publisher reporting enhancements
- Auto-populating from Level Picker in Space Manager
Some of the technical and under the hood upgrades in Primavera Unifier 9.13 include:
- Encryption of all passwords in the Unifier system by Oracle-approved Crypto algorithm
- Configurator changes, including changes to General tab, Repository tab and re-enablement of Geo Map tab.
- Configurable Unifier Help
- SharePoint Content Repository integration
- Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) integration
- uClient re-enabled with directories and installation changes. (uClient establishes connectivity between AutoCAD and Unifier and is required for SmartForms.)
- uCAD directories and installation changes. (uCAD acts as the interface between Unifier and AutoCAD.)
- Ability to deploy Unifier on Websphere 8
- Migration of Unifier multi tenant to single tenant
- Renaming File Transfer Application to File Transfer Utility. The new name is seen while downloading and installing from Support link, Download tab. All download and upload applets are now part of the Unifier_Lib source tree.
- Data indexes
- In-bound e-mail forwarding
Well, that about it and We’re sure that many existing users are going to be eager to upgrade their installations of Primavera Unifier to this latest version. There really is something for everybody in this release!