Primavera P6 Professional EVM Training
Duration: 1 day
PDU Credits: 7 PDUs
This Primavera P6 Professional EVM course was specifically developed for organizations that have a robust project management process already in place and want to expand to use the EVM capabilities in P6. This one-day course that covers both the fundamentals of earned value methodology and how to perform earned value management using Primavera P6 Professional.
Earned Value Management (EVM) is often categorized as advanced project management. Primavera P6 has basic earned value functionality that can help your organization take its first steps into this elite world of advanced project management.
This course was specifically developed for organizations that have a robust project management process already in place and are looking to take their organization to the next competitive level. Earned value management offers insight into your project’s health that you cannot easily see by other more basic methods. During this course you will see how earned value can reveal so much more about your projects and give you early warning of problems and quantify their possible impact on the outcome of the project.
- Online delivery – remotely delivered just for you and your team
- Onsite training – in person class delivered at your offices
Dates can be scheduled around the availability of your team and our instructors. Class includes training materials, sample data and job aids.
Contact us at (703) 910-2600 or email about getting a quote for our Primavera P6 Professional EVM class.
Earn Valuable PDUs To Maintain Your PMP Certification
Ten Six is a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. Individuals who attend our training courses can earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain their PMP credential. This class earns 7 PDUs.
Primavera P6 Professional EVM Course Contents
Earned Value Management Fundamentals
- The purpose and benefits of EVM Reporting
- The importance of baseline change control processes
- Control Accounts and Work Packages
Setting up a P6 Project Schedule for EVM Reporting
- Building the WBS for Earned Value Management
- Creating layouts for earned value management
- Using WBS Milestones for objective earned value management
- Setting up labor, non-labor and material resource
Baselining the project ready for earned value reporting
- Using the Maintain Baselines feature
- Using the Assign Baselines feature
- Baseline and variance columns
Managing project status
- The Data Date and status process overview
- Entering actual dates and actual costs
- Recalculating for an updated forecast
Earned Value Reporting
- Using layouts to produce Gantt chart reports with EV metrics
- Using the P6 Professional reports view to export data for Excel reporting
- Using cumulative time-phased reports to create S,P and A S-curve charts