Deltek Cobra Training – Report Developer
Duration: 1 Day
Prerequisites: A basic understating of Deltek Cobra and Microsoft Excel is recommended.
With Deltek’s release of Cobra comes a powerful new capability; you can customize any of the standard reports. This is achieved by modifying the existing Microsoft Excel based templates, allowing you to change formatting, add data columns, and modify formulae, among other things. For example, have you ever wanted to add SPI and CPI data columns to a standard CPR, place your company logo in the header, add a status column to your work packages or brighten up the color scheme? These are just a few of the myriad customizing skills this course offers to those interested in enhancing the impact and aesthetics of their Deltek Cobra management reporting package.
Above: customized Deltek Cobra CPR with logo and custom columns
During this course, you will learn how the Excel templates work, how they are configured, how to use the tag syntax and standard Excel formats and formulae to build unbeatable report layouts. You will learn how you can modify the reporting wizard to give you the options you need to run the templates correctly and produce great looking, accurate and informative reports. You will leave the class with a deep understanding of the reporting system, and, in addition, an invaluable manual that includes examples, syntax explanations and tag reference materials to use in all your future customization endeavors.
This is truly a unique training opportunity in the industry. Ten Six is currently the only company offering a structured class on Deltek Cobra report customization and development.
During this class you will…
- See an overview of the Deltek Cobra report writer engine
- Understand the Report Wizard settings and options
- Work with Report Information and Report Definitions to control the report data
- Learn how to create and modify powerful filters to minimize report clutter
- Understand the relationship between sort criteria and report row headers
- Create a new report using existing report criteria and templates
- Learn reporting template fundamentals, their structures and the rules for modification, tag syntax and formatting
- Gain experience and expertise modifying report templates with practical exercises and examples
- Learn the power of using Excel formulae in the templates to save your team hours of work each month making manual modifications
- Build your own custom report template to take with you, with a little guidance from your instructor if needed
Don’t just take our word for it. Read what former attendees to Ten Six training courses have to say about their experiences. Click here to read them
To learn more about this class, please contact Ten Six Consulting by clicking on the following link email@example.com
To download this page please click here Deltek Cobra Report Developer Training