Risk Management allows organizations to improve the quality of project management practices and governance from the decision to invest to final delivery of project outcomes. Risk management promotes dialog between all stakeholders and sponsors and supports realistic approaches, plans, and project estimates. When implementing or improving Risk Management, you need to consider the organization’s/project’s risk management maturity, processes, methodologies, organization, culture, technologies and oversight structures.
Many companies select Ten Six as a partner to help implement and/or improve risk management. Our structured approach to implementing and improving Risk Management allows our clients to gain from the experience of many successful implementations. This proven approach brings best practices and real world experience. It shortens your time to value realization and increasing the longer-term return in your investment.
Benefits of Risk Management Done Well
When done right, risk management provides significant benefits including:
- Senior leadership has better quality and more meaningful engagement with project teams and stakeholders – including the customer
- Substantially improves communications between all project stakeholders; including sponsors, customers, project manager, team members, subcontractors and the public.
- Creates useful information in the form of contingency budgets for cost and schedule
- Generates insights concerning where projects need attention
- Provides a foundation for examining and understanding the health and performance of the project
- Suppliers and subcontractors are more cooperative and proactive to address issues and challenges
- Anticipates what could happen to impact project performance and to engage key stakeholders in critical conversations about the project
Who Benefits from Risk Management Done Well
Our consultants at Ten Six have decades of experience in helping organizations and project teams improve risk planning and management. We design “right sized” risk processes for our clients that deliver results tailored to the needs of the project/program. We know from long experience that “one size does not fit all” when it comes to implementing these critical processes, tools, and systems. Therefor we work with our clients to help them “get it right”.
We know that the impact of not “right sizing” risk management is poor user and organizational adoption and unrealized benefits. Impacts poor risk management can range from overrun budgets, missed end dates, customer dissatisfaction, outright project failure and impacts to reputation.
Therefore, we focus on pragmatic risk management solutions that allow management to have more confidence in their project data and reports while reducing project risk while aiming to help you gain the most from these efforts.
Whether you are interested in implementing some of the elements of Risk Management to augment your existing capabilities, or are attempting to implement Risk Management for the first time, we can help. Our consultants have helped clients implement Risk Management, risk oversight frameworks, improve risk management planning and control techniques, and select and implement risk management tool suites.
We are uniquely qualified to help you improve your Risk Management capabilities. Call Ten Six today to learn how we can help.
Risk Management Services We Offer