Acumen Touchstone is a web portal, installed on premises, that allows subcontractors to upload their schedules. A snapshot of the project is created each time a schedule is uploaded. Then, Acumen Touchstone measures the snapshot schedule data against the criteria that was defined at the program level. You can also use Acumen Fuse to create custom metrics for use in Acumen Touchstone.
If the data doesn’t meet or exceed the schedule quality and score, it is rejected and the Submitter is given a list of things to correct. After the project is accepted, it becomes available to the program manager for analysis who can rest assured that the basic quality has already been reviewed.
Automate the Schedule Submission Process
The program manager sets the criteria used to evaluate the schedules (called “projects” in Acumen Touchstone) at the program level. Setting the criteria at this level allows you to standardize and view metrics across projects. Each program has its own set of measures. For example, a hospital program will most likely have different criteria to a construction program. A program can include many schedule projects.
The Submitter logs onto a web portal and uploads their schedule each period. The frequency at which the schedule is uploaded is set at the project level, for example, monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly. A snapshot of the project is created each time a schedule is uploaded.
Touchstone measures the snapshot schedule data against the criteria that was defined at the program level. If the data doesn’t meet or exceed the schedule quality and score, it is rejected and the Submitter is given a list of things to correct.
After the project is accepted, it becomes available to the Project Manager for analysis who can rest assured that the basic quality has already been reviewed.
- Schedule and update review is standardized and painless – Your metrics and score for each type of project and phase
- Contractor submissions are governed – You set frequency of updates and update window duration
- Criteria is automatically and consistently enforced – Touchstone web portal makes it easy to have standards
- Central repository for schedule information – Easily retrieve official submittals for any period of any project
What’s the Difference Between Acumen Fuse, Risk and Touchstone?
Acumen Touchstone extends Fuse and Risk’s capabilities:
Acumen Fuse and Risk
- Advanced Analytics & Reporting
- Forensic Analysis
- Risk & Uncertainty Analysis
- Schedule (SRA)
- Cost (CRA)
- Mitigation planning & analysis
- Acceleration Opportunities Analysis
Acumen Touchstone (in additional Acumen Fuse & Risk)
- Enterprise Schedule Review
- Automated Collection, Scoring and Configuration Management of snapshots
Successfully managing the many subcontractor, vendor and internal schedules across the organization, all while managing projects within budget and delivery dates, is a monumental task. Acumen Touchstone automates the schedule submission process, all while adhering to your organization’s best practices.
Touchstone is an exciting step forward in project management maturity which should give companies an edge against their competitors. It also saves a considerable amount of time, reducing costs and helps in delivering successful projects and programs.