Have you had to take a Primavera P6 interview test for a new job to assess your P6 competency? Many folks we train go on to become great P6 schedulers, but some of them have had to take a Primavera P6 interview test to get the job. One of these folks sent in to us the following Primavera P6 Competency Test. This was a P6 test that they has to take and pass, for a job interview.
If you want to view the end result in Primavera P6, you can download the P6 XML file together with the .plf layout file at the end of this article.
Primavera P6 Competency Test
• The test should take about 30 minutes
1. Create a project with the following information
- Project ID – P6TEST
- Project Name – Construction Program
- Planned Start Date and Data Date – 01‐Dec‐15
- Must Finish By date – 20‐Sept‐16
- Calendar – 5 day Work Week
- Activity Type – Task Dependent
- Duration Type – Fixed Duration and Units
- Percent Complete Type – Physical
2. Create the following WBS
3. Add the following activities and milestones
4. Add the following relationships
5. Add the following constraints
6. Assign the following activity global codes and values against each activity
7. Assign ‘TERRACAL’ Resource to Activity 300 (Budgeted Units =1000, Bell Shaped curve)
8. Design the following layout and save it using your full name
9. Schedule and view the schedule log contents
10. Create a baseline using the current project as follows
11. Status the Project using the following Data Date
12. Re‐status the Project using the above Data Date, analyze the schedule and provide the following information
13. Print‐preview the Gantt chart
- Paper Size – 11×17 Landscape
- Timescale – Quarter/Month
- Relationships – Off
You have now completed the exercise!
How did you do? If you struggled with this, you may want to think about our Primavera P6 online, video training classes.
If want to see what this Primavera P6 interview test looks like when it’s completed, you can download the XML and PLF files here.