During a new setup of Primavera P6 Professional, the following error was encountered upon first logging in to the new MSSQL Server Database with the P6 Professional client:
Error: The Database has not been configured to run background jobs.
This happens on MSSQL Server database instances because there is a stored procedure that needs to be run to setup the Job System Monitor (Symon) and the Job Data Monitor (Damon) tools.
The following steps will allow you to solve this issue.
1. Login to the MSSQL Database using the SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Locate the Primavera P6 Database and right-click.
3. Select the New Query option.
4. In the Query window, enter exec initialize_background_procs and click F5 to execute the SQL statement.
5. This will create the Job System and Data System Monitors.
6. No open your windows Services dialog and restart the SQL Server Agent.
7. When you login to P6 Professional you will no longer see the error message.