Here at Ten Six, we work with Program Managers across many different industries to get themselves and, their PMOs, to the next level of performance and, in a position to take on greater challenges. We sometimes have the opportunity to work with clients where they have not yet embarked on training their teams. Equally, it’s not uncommon that we get involved with a new client where a fairly comprehensive training initiative has taken place and yet still, many related challenges remain.
Here’s a look at a few things we’ve encountered more recently, perhaps some of them resonate with you and your situation?
Are You Experiencing Any Of These Problems?
Your PMO team needs basic and/or advanced skills in project management tools, systems and processes.
- Individual members of your team are unable to provide the breadth and depth of support expected of a PMO.
- Your customers are complaining that your team is not providing “value added” help.
- Your customers are “silent” and not asking for guidance and support of your team in project information.
- Your team seems a little disorganized and unsure of the best way of doing things.
- Your customer is expecting good quality information very quickly, but you’re not sure if it is good quality.
You know need to (re)tool your team but believe that standard training will address only a part of the challenge you see before you.
If you are experiencing these problems, then your training and education offerings are not serving you and your team. Clients we work with on these problems come to recognize that:
- Training is more than just getting generic training in tools and systems.
- A blend of standard and customized training is often a better fit and produces better results than standard training alone.
- Incorporating processes, templates, standards, tools, methodology, etc. can yield exponential results.
- The best trainers are those who can “walk the walk” and work with trainees in addressing the questions that are specific to the challenges they face day-to-day.
Where To Next?
Now that you understand the kinds of clients we work with, click on these links to find out more about our approach and thinking on serving Program Managers like yourself.
Interested in learning more about how we can help you? Call us at 703-910-2600 or email us at: email@example.com.
Descriptions of other Ten Six’s training offerings can be found at these links.