The following is a generic example of an EVM calendar that might be used in support of a Deltek Cobra system.
We’ve developed calendars such as these for our customers who are in the process of setting up a new Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and need a way to communicate the cycle of events that need to happen to complete a full update of the project.
You can also download our Deltek Cobra process steps document at the link below. This document contains a list of the common steps performed in Cobra each month as part of the project update process.
Specifically the document contains the following steps. These map to the numbers in the Monthly EVM Process Calendar above.
- Backup the Project
- Advanced the Calendar
- Load Status from the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Load Actual Costs from the Finance System
- Calculate Earned Value
- Calculate Forecast
- Perform Project Performance and Cost analysis
- Write any required variance reports
- Integrate any forecast adjustments and EACs (CAMS)
- Run, collate and distribute all monthly reports to project stakeholders
- Integrate any authorized baseline change requests