Thanks for attending our webinar Improving Project Communication Through Risk Management. Below are the links to the webinar’s presentation slides, video and the Risk Management Maturity Questionnaire.
Key Webinar Points
The main points we hope you took away from the webinar are:
- Risk management is a process integral to the project management process, and as such is important as a means of capturing project information
- Risk management is often thought of as an afterthought in many projects, and as such its full value is not realized
- Risk management is more than issues management; it involves formally identifying areas of risk in a project/program, modeling these, assigning responsibility for managing each risk. And, as risks are aggregated, they help to predict impacts to schedule, budgets, quality and project outcomes.
- By leveraging the risk management process threats to project success can be identified, modeled, and dealt with early, before they become problems
- The processes of identifying and characterizing risks promotes dialog between all stakeholders and helps each to understand what can happen that affects project success and helps to identify what each stakeholder can do to help increase the likelihood of project success
- Improving communications through applying good risk management practices can provide substantial benefits to any organization seeking to do so. These include:
- Better project cost, schedule and quality results
- Meeting customer expectations
- Enhanced customer, supplier and sponsor relationships
- Improved project team work (from project concept to final delivery)
It’s always good to speak with people who have participated in our webinars. We often find that we can help them refine their understanding of the concepts and their use within their organization.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have or call us on (703) 910-2600. We look forward to hearing from you!