The Construction CPM Conference 2017 is being held at the Swan Resort at Walt Disney World, Florida from January 10th to 13th 2017.
This event offers a welcoming day followed by three full days of study, sessions and training related to CPM the Critical Path Method of Planning and Scheduling Analysis. The format of the conference will be workshops led by employees or independent industry specialists, abstract sessions, Keynote speakers and networking designed for patrons in the construction or engineering industry.
Workshops will be a combination of hands-on and theory: –
- Business of CPM by Ted
- Managing Schedule Change
- Reviewing the CPM Spec
- Cobra for Schedulers
- Next generation Professional Scheduler and emerging technologies
- From scheduling to True Planning
- Project Risk Analysis Step by step
- Patterson on Risk by Dan Patterson
- Introduction to Spider Project Software by Vlad Liberzon
- Spider Project – Risk simulation and management technique
- Resource Constrained Scheduling with PM software
- Delay and Disruption analysis – by Fred Plotnick
Abstract sessions can be reserved for CPM and PM Theory and software Tutorials. These sessions are designed for consultants to teach methods and for software vendors to demonstrate their products.
The Oracle Track
The Oracle Track will be held in Swan Salon1 offering abstracts on: –
1) Oracle Primavera – Solutions for E&C
2) Schedule development using P6 Professional – download to 1st report
3) Schedule updating using P6 Professional – NTP to 1st update report
4) P6 File corruption – Is it the file? Or your settings?
The Deltek Track
The Deltek Track can be found in Swan Salon 2 offering abstracts on: –
1) Open Plan- Out of the box to 1st report
2) Deltek Acumen Fuse – the truth about schedule quality
3) Deltek Acumen Risk- the rewards of schedule risk analysis
4) Five steps to schedule maturity with Deltek Acumen
The Microsoft Track
The Microsoft Track will be held in Swan salon 3. Hosted by Ron Winter PSP, Schedule Analyzer software
1) Microsoft Project for Construction – A how to use tutorial
2) Advanced Schedule Logic Analysis for Microsoft Project
The Phoenix Track
The Phoenix Track will be held in Swan Salon 4. They will run abstracts for: –
1) An Introduction to Phoenix Project Planner
2) Asta Powerproject Schedule Tool for planners- a software solution for construction
3) Micro Planner X-pert v3.5.1
4) Asta Powerproject BIM functions
Keynote Speaker Tuesday 10th January
John Livengood, AIA, FAACE, CCP, CFCC, PSP.
John is president elect of AACE International Inc. and will discuss why we need technical societies and why you should belong.
Keynote Speaker Wednesday 11th January
Fred Plotnick PhD,PE.
Fred is the founder of the Construction CPM Conference and he will explore the state of CMP Scheduling, from its creation in 1956 to present.
Keynote Speaker Thursday 12th January
Al Landes -President of Herzog Contracting Corp.
Al will look at the Construction Industry’s need for schedulers.
Keynote Speaker Friday 13th January
Andrew Ness of Jones Day.
Andy is a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers. He will give an insight into litigation, viewing the interaction of law and scheduling on a time-centric construction project.
Book before January 6th 2017 and the full conference will cost $975.00
After January 6th 2017 the full four-day conference will cost $1075.00
There are several options for one and two day passes. To register, Click Here
All conference attendees are invited for a taste of Epcot prior to the fireworks reception. There will be a lakeside viewing of Epcot to watch the IllumiNations, reflections of Earth Laser and fireworks show.
If you purchase any meeting /convention Multi-Day ticket you will receive one bonus visit to a one of the following parks: –
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Disney’s Winter Summerland or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Courses (before 4p.m.) or
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course for one round of golf* (*tee times are required and subject to availability)
This conference is aimed squarely at members of the construction industry; therefore all courses and presentations are aimed at helping project management within this industry. There are ample networking opportunities scheduled throughout this event. Fred Plotnick, founder of Construction CPM Conference manages to draw lots of first time attendees each year to this event, therefore networking isn’t just with the same old faces.