This year, IPM will hold their 28th Annual International Integrated Program Management Workshop on October 31st until November 2nd 2016 at the:
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20852
Integrated Program Management (IPM), a professional body, has a well-versed format; which has been tuned to the needs of the attendees. Every area of the conference oozes experience, which is designed to empower the attendees. Don’t miss this opportunity of workshops, practice symposia, tools and services, Keynote Speakers, networking and exhibits.
The workshops are designed to introduce new emerging practices and techniques to improve project performance management including earned value management (EVM). The workshops will provide training led by practicing professionals using the latest software. Networking opportunities are scheduled into the program.
Tools and services
Tools and services will offer the latest performance management tools from earned value tracking to scheduling to reporting. Every tools track session is sponsored and presented by vendors of products supporting all aspects of earned value management. Attendees will see demonstrations revealing how effective their tools can be.
Practice Symposia is comprised of 36 sessions structured around eight tracks which will relate to the 2016 IPM Workshop theme of ‘From C/S2 to EVM to IPPM: the next generation of Integrated Program Performance Management.
- Team Development – Career development and tips and tricks.
- Integrated Program Management (IPM) System Definition – Development and maintenance of IPM system for non – EVM programs. Integration of other key processes (e.g. risk management).
- Contracting and Project Start-up – Project transition and start- up planning and activities. Finalizing the implementation of EVM on a Task Order Contract.
- Performance Measurement – Implementing an effective performance measurement program. Technical performance measurement planning.
- Project Scheduling – Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Planning and Base lining. Critical and drive path analysis.
- System Validation, IBR’s and Surveillance Reviews – System vs. Program Surveillance.
- Analysis and Reporting – Formal (for example IMPR) verses internal analysis and reporting. Using EVM for corrective action. CSDR.
- Agile Integration – Educating the Non-Agile community on Agile. Contracting for Agile and EVM and negotiating the CDRL list. Alignment of Agile technical practices with traditional EVM measurement techniques.
Keynote Speaker Monday October 31st
Dr William Craig is the project manager for the Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) a satellite that is due to be launched by NASA next year. Bill will talk about the design and implementation of EVMS for this project.
Keynote Speaker Tuesday November 1st
Miles Shepherd is the chairman of Project, program and Portfolio Management and International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Miles will discuss and look at your role in the development of project related standards.
Keynote Speaker Wednesday November 2nd
Bill Mathis -President of CPIC Solutions Corporation and liaison to ISO Committee. Bill will chair a panel discussion on the new ISO Standards for EVM and WBS. The audience will be invited to add their input on how the standards are developing.
If you book before 7th October $850.00.
If you book after 7th October $935.00.
We reviewed two top hotels in the vicinity of the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
Double Tree by Hilton Bethesda
8120 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
The Doubletree is perfectly suited for business travelers. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with pleasant knowable staff. It is situated in an ideal location for downtown Bethesda where there are numerous restaurants and bars. A two-night stay costs $387.00
Bethesda Court Hotel
7740 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
This hotel is welcoming and comfortable with attentive polite staff. All rooms have tea and coffee making facilities and guests are offered a free deluxe breakfast everyday. This hotel is also situated near excellent restaurants. A two-night stay costs $300.00
This is an ideal opportunity to meet industry experts and network with your peers.
Sign up for some of the workshops, explore the practice symposia, enjoy the Keynote Speakers and browse through the exhibition hall at your leisure. Our friends from Deltek are sponsoring this event and will also be available first hand to offer advice at their exhibit stand.