Time and again I’ve been asked by customers to produce a simplified version of the standard CPR Format 1 for internal management reporting.
In this blog, I’m providing you with a generic report backup that you can download and restore onto your Cobra 5.1 system. It includes some of the most common changes I make when customizing a CPR Format 1. I hope you might find it a useful starting point for your own CPR based management reports.
Most Commonly Requested Changes
In no particular order, the most commonly requested changes I get for CPR Format 1 reports are as follows:
- Remove the bulky header information that appears on the first page of the standard CPR Format 1.
- Have the column headers appear at the top of every page so that you know what you’re looking at when the report goes over multiple pages.
- Include the cumulative SPI and CPI values in the report.
- Differentiate the Control Accounts and Work Packages with colors and bold text.
- Show the earned value technique (EVT) for the Work Packages.
- Make it more colorful.
OK – you asked for it, so here it is. Download and unzip the TS-CPR-Format-1 v2.0.zip file to obtain the .crp file of the same name. We have to zip it for site security reasons. Next, restore it on your Cobra system (at your own risk I should point out – so test it on your QA system first). When you restore this it will also load the template .xlsx file into your Cobra system’s ReportTemplates folder were you can make your own changes to layout and formatting.
Here’s what you’ll get when you run the report. Click below to enlarge this image and get a better look at what’s in it.
Hope this comes in handy folks.
To read more Deltek Cobra articles click here