The naming conventions for various fields and wording for certain prompts in Oracle Primavera P6 are controlled by the industry settings chosen during the setup of the software. To see the names and prompts using your preferred industry vernacular, you need to select from one of four possible industry settings.
- Engineering and Construction
- Government, Aerospace and Defense
- High-Technology, Manufacturing and Others
- Utilities, Oil and Gas
If one of these options has not been set in Primavera P6, you will see the following message upon logging in.
“The appropriate industry for your organization has not yet been selected in Admin Preferences. Please contact your administrator.”
If you see this prompt when you login to Primavera P6 Professional, you need to make a change in your Admin Preferences as described below.
1. In Primavera P6, click on the Admin menu.
2. Select the Admin Preferences option.
3. In the Admin Preferences dialog, select the Industry tab.
4. Select the industry that best describes your business.
5. Close the dialog to save your settings.
These steps will stop the prompt from appearing at login and will influence the names for certain fields in Primavera P6.
For more Primavera P6 articles click here