This years UK Association of Project Managers conference; the APM Project Management Conference will be held on June 13th at Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG. The theme for this year is Adapt! which is meant to symbolize the coming of age for project management and pose the question, what now for project management? The Adapt! theme will focus on flexibility, resilience and evolution as the expectations of project management success continues to rise after last years industry accomplishments. In short, the world is building a growing intolerance to project failure requiring us all not to rest on our laurels.
This European project management conference builds on a number of successfully delivered projects in 2012 including:
- The London 2012 Olympic Games
- The Shard – the completion of Western Europe’s tallest building in London
- Bloodhound – the worlds first 1,000mph car
2013 heralds the continuation of some major UK projects started last year including, the tunneling under London for the Crossrail project, the wider deployment of the 4G network and the TV Digital switchover programme.
APM 2013 Speakers
This years speakers include:
- Tim Harford, “Undercover Economist” for the Financial Times.
- Douglas Oakervee CBE, Chairman for High Speed 2
- Robert Deatker, Project Director of the Shard (mentioned above).
- Tim Banfield, Director at the National Audit Office (NAO)
- Lieutenant Colonel Martin Sturgeon, winner of the APM’s Programme of the Year Award in 2011.
Conference Fees and Registration
Below are the conference fees for attending:
- APM members – £375 per person
- APM non members – £485 per person
Note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
To register through the APM web site, click here
As always, these conferences are a great opportunity to hear thought leaders, learn best practices and network with fellow project management practitioners. There’s also the exhibition area with vendors touting there products and services.
We look forward to seeing you all there!