This Deltek Cobra error can appear occasionally and came up recently, so I thought I’d let everyone know why it occurs and what you can do to resolve it.
When opening Deltek Cobra 5.0, receiving the following error:
Unable to connect to database. Please use the Data Tool to validate your database connection information.
Resolution: Do the following to resolve the connection when using a SQL Server database:
- If using Windows Authentication for your connection to the Cobra database, change it to SQL Authentication in the Data Tool.
- Make sure the SQL account you are using has database owner privileges on the Cobra database.
- Create an entirely new database for Cobra 5, and then use the Data Tool to connect to the new database. If you do create the new database, you will need to run the RunAllScripts_XXX.bat (for either SQL or Oracle) to create the database tables. This .bat file is located in the X:\Program Files\Deltek\Cobra 5.0\Scripts folder on the server.
- Change the IDEABLADE service account to the windows account being used for Windows Authentication.
- Restart the IDEABLADE service.
This information is also available in the Deltek Knowledge base (KB Article #: 42689) on Deltek’s Customer Care Connect web site.
To read more Deltek Cobra articles click here