INST-08058: A lookup of the address for this machine returned an IP address rather than a hostname.
If this message is encountered during the installation of Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher 11g, it indicates that a special Network Adapter called a loopback adaptor is not installed on the machine. This is simple to fix, just follow the steps in the next section. This was encountered while installing BI Publisher as part of the Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM suite. BI Publisher can be integrated with Primavera P6 for project reporting purposes.
You can keep the installation dialog running while you perform the following steps to fix the issue. Then use the ‘Back’ and ‘Next’ buttons to rerun the install dialog that generated the error.
Installing a Microsoft Loopback Adaptor
1. In the Windows Start menu, Run a command window.
2. Type hdwwiz in the cmd window and click return. This will load the Hardware wizard.
3. In the Hardware wizard, click Next>.
4. Select the ‘Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)’ option.
5. Click Next>.
6. Select ‘Network Adapters’ in the ‘Common hardware types:’ window.
7. Select ‘Microsoft’ from the ‘Manufacturer’ list and choose ‘Microsoft Loopback Adapter’ from the ‘Network Adapter:’ list.
8. Click Next>.
9. Click Next> to install the selected loopback adapter.
10. Once the installation is completed, right-click on the Computer option in your Windows Start menu and choose Properties.
11. Choose the Device Manager option in the properties dialog and verify that the Loopback Adapter is listed under Network adapters.
You should now be able to resume your Oracle BI Publisher installation without further errors.